Monday, June 2, 2014

Samantha Read: The Scorch Trials by: James Dashner

 
"The Maze Was Just The Beginning"


This is the second book in The Maze Runner trilogy. I have to say this book was completely different than the first one. Maybe it was because I read the PDF version of The Maze Runner on my phone and I read the printed version of The Scorch Trials. But this book is what all sequels should be. Better than the First.

The story starts of where it ended in the first book. Thomas, Teresa and the Gladers feel like everything is over. They beat the Maze and they finally escaped. But how long can things be good?

They have a mission. Thomas and the Gladers have to travel 100 miles north to reach the Safe Haven, where they will get the cure for the infectious disease that is ruining Mankind; the Flare. This journey will be the most dangerous thing they've ever had to do. but, they have no choice. Along the way they'll meet new friends, dodge Cranks, get tattoos, and the true bond of friendship will be tested.

I loved this book. Every chapter I fell more in love with Minho. He is the symbol of everything right with this book. I love that hes brutally honest, he'll never lie to you and he'll tell you straight up how he feels. He always fights for whats right. whether it be for himself or for his friends; he's not afraid of anyone or anything. Even when he's been struck by lightning, almost burned into the ground can he insult and degrade a a leader of Cranks and punch him in the face. He's just amazing.

This book introduced three new characters, one being a potential love interest for Thomas. She super bad-ass and can handle herself. During this book even though Thomas wanted to stay true and faithful to Teresa; I levitated to Brenda. She eventually won me over. Did I mention how much I hate Teresa Now.

This book is a great option for people who like Dystopian books and a just reading the series before the first book comes to screen September starring Dylan O' Brein(Stiles on Teen Wolf)

This book has a lot to offer and even if you're not into dystopian, end-of-the-world books. This was never really my genre to begin with, i was always in the romance phase, but this book really blew my mind. The Maze Runner was honestly the first book I've ever read with a male lead and actually liked it. So maybe you might like this too.












No comments:

Post a Comment